1. We watched My Best Friend’s Wedding last night. I am now older than Julia Roberts was supposed to be in the movie. This is really really weird.
2. I bought beautiful yellow buffalo check throw pillows (the first throw pillows I’ve ever had, not being brave enough in previous years to deal with children dislodging said pillows). I bought them in spite of the fact that all my walls are yellow…and not a yellow that matches the pillows. But I chose the pillows, I did not choose the paint. Someday I will live in a house where I DO choose the paint. And then my pillows will look beautiful.
3. I have been faithfully practicing my hypnobirthing relaxation techniques. I am now very very good at being relaxed. Luckily I have begun having lots of braxton-hicks to practice on. Instead of buying the extra CD, I recorded the directions myself. I have a very soothing voice.
4. From the front, I don’t look like I’m growing. But from the side I do. I’ve been having a hard time keeping my lower belly warm. The pants won’t stay up and the shirt won’t stay down. Natural airconditioning.
5. When I washed everything in my bedroom the other week, I also washed the supposedly washable new down pillows. Twice. And dried them for a jillion hours. And they STILL smelled like wet bird. So I donated them to somebody who is hopefully less olfactorily gifted than I. Got four beautiful new -polyester- pillows (big ones that make the bed look pretty, for the first time since we got married) for $6 a piece at JC Penneys this weekend. Now we are very fluffy and puffy. But we smell good.
6. I’ve only got a quarter of the garden left to weed. Between the absence of many tall and unsightly weeds and the presence of many surprise spring flowers, it’s looking very pretty. I am gratified to find that a bunch of stuff I tore out last year has reappeared. 🙂