- Lia practicing the piano with Kiri standing under the keyboard.
- the honeybear turned upside down with only a tablespoon of honey left. Time for a trip to Costco.
- the newest configuration of furniture in the living room
- Kiri escaping out the back door. (“Escapee!”, I say. “Skateboard!”, says Levi).
- my daily Devo-cooked bowl of steel cut oats, today with maple syrup and raisins with soymilk
- the vintage pillowcase with blue flowers I picked up at the thrift store yesterday. Last I had seen it, it was lying in the sun to bleach out some spots. Now it has been repurposed as a bag of treasures.
- Lia’s piano piece, practiced with interludes of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, sometimes in minor, sometimes in major
- Kiri asking to sit on my lap and have some milk
- Devo swearing in Afrikaans as he puts up the cabinet doors in the kitchen. Bliksem. (Lightning.)
- mocking birds singing outside the French doors off the dining room
- my voice explaining to Levi that right now I am not available to help/talk/help/talk to him.
- the shower running. My sister Liana is here for the summer, she’s going to college right here (!) starting in September.
- I really should go to the grocery store, but I might wait until tomorrow when my Mom is back from Virginia. Liana says that we can wait until tomorrow, we have enough ingredients for our last two meals. No, I am not the Widow of Zarepath.
- my “house goal” is to get my room settled – find a place for toilet paper, get on top of the laundry, clear off the dresser, etc.
- Mom comes home from Virginia tonight! I texted her yesterday telling her that she could come back now, I cleaned the toilet.
(“Oopsies,” says Levi, “I think you’re going to fall, Mama!”)